
Assignment 14...Facebook...
---I've been on Facebook for over a year and have completed these tasks on numerous occasions. Often, Facebook users do a sort of "campaign" asking (telling) everyone to change their profile picture to a baby picture or some other type of photo. I had seen a picture of myself when I was younger on a family members page and was able to use that as my profile pic. I got tired of looking at my younger aesthetically challenged self and changed the picture to one of me with my handsome nephew and gorgeous niece. Much better!
-- I routinely locate college classmates that were mutual friends with my sister and me and ask them to be my "friend." Lately, I have been trying avoid adding one of my cousins who has been obsessively asking to be my "friend" on Facebook. I like to avoid drama whenever possible.
-- Since I am on the Social Media Committe, I am a fan of the MPL Facebook page and also update the page when it's my turn to monitor the library page.
--Facebook went through an update/upgrade recently. *I* think its more difficult to navigate on the page and changing privacy options is one of those operations that is much more difficult (i.e. annoyingly irritating) However, I have set my page to the desired privacy level.
-- I am still, however, working on learning how to block someone. I believe the way a person can be removed is to go to the list of all your "friends" and hit the X effectively deleting them from your friends list and maybe even your life. Apparently, some people really do accept Facebook interactions as being as important as if not MORE important that real life ones.. Who knew?
------UPDATE: Just figured out how to block someone...hopefully..funny thing is that most people I block I am somehow related to them. Would be more funny if it wasnt true..*sigh*
--Assignment 13...Done!
TASKS
1. Create a Facebook account or use one of the practice accounts included in the handout
2. Add or change the profile picture
3. Post a status update on your wall
4. Request to add a friend
5. Figure out how to remove a friend (you don’t have to actually remove them)
6. Send a message to a friend
7. Add yourself as a Fan to Muncie Public Library or another Facebook Fan Page
8. Look through/change your privacy options
9. Log out of the account when you are done
10. Blog about your Facebook experience!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Keep it clean, kids!